On January 1, 2022, Rowan’s Law – Concussion Safety (Phase 2) came into effect in the province of Ontario. Phase 2 requires all sport organizations to establish removal-from-sport and return-to-sport protocols for concussion management.
North Toronto Basketball Association has adopted Ontario Basketball’s Concussion Policy. Additionally, in light of the January 1, 2022 deadline, OBA has recently polished the removal-from-sport and return-to-sport processes and documentation required in this section of the policy. We would like to draw your attention to the newly added resources below, which are also linked at the end of the Concussion Policy online:
1. Suspected Concussion Report Form
2. Medical Assessment Letter (template)
3. Medical Clearance Letter (template)
4. OBA Concussion Reporting Portal – Smartsheet
5. Removal from Basketball Protocol
6. Return to Basketball Protocol
All NTBA players, coaches and volunteers are expected to support and adhere to the Concussion Policy.